The NFL Pro Bowl airs tomorrow on FOX (11 a.m. HST) and to ensure Oahu is well represented during the game, I spent yesterday running around Honolulu with Kevin Santos (FOX camera guy) and Brian Wallace (locally hired production assistant) to film a few activities and attractions that will air during the game. The purpose? Make viewers on the mainland wish they were in Hawaii through a series of promotional vignettes that highlight some of the great things to experience here in the islands while showing off the natural beauty of Oahu.
Oh yeah, if you didn’t already figure it out, this was a work project being done for my client the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB). Curious about what/where we filmed yesterday? Here’s the list:
- Pearl Harbor – Battleship Missouri Memorial and Arizona Memorial
- Plate lunch at Rainbow Drive-In (it was the first time Kevin had a mixed plate and he said it was the best meal he’s had here yet!)
- The New Waikiki – Waikiki Beach, Royal Hawaiian Center, and Waikiki Beach Walk
- Paddle Surfing at Ala Moana Beach Park – mahalo to Reid Inouye of Paddle Core Fitness for helping out yesterday!
- Beautiful shots of Diamond Head and surfing from Kakaako Waterfront Park
- and a bunch of other beauty shots along the way!
Too bad we didn’t have a bit more time to get to the North Shore to film some of the big wave surfing currently going on right now. Hopefully Kevin and Brian have some time today to get there. The surf is supposed to be pounding!
I’m looking forward to watching a fun game tomorrow on TV and seeing Hawaii in the national spotlight! Hope these vignettes showcase the destination well.